- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Guitar Center and Hollywood RockWalk
Guitar Center and Hollywood RockWalk Review
For those who love to rock, this store salutes you. At the Guitar Center on Sunset you can try out any musical instrument your heart desires as well as view memorabilia donated by some of the store's star customers—Led Zeppelin's set list, Jeff Beck's yellow Strat guitar, and KISS members' platform boots are memorable highlights. Be sure to check out the collection of vintage guitars at the store's back.
A place that has provided equipment for virtually every band to have come out of Los Angeles since the 1960s, the store pays tribute to its rock star clientele with a "RockWalk," out front. The concrete slabs are imprinted with the talented hands of Van Halen, Bonnie Raitt, Chuck Berry, Dick Dale, Def Leppard, Carlos Santana, KISS, and others. Two standouts are Joey Ramone's upside-down hand and Lemmy of Motörhead's "middle finger salute."
Inductees are celebrated with a ceremony that's open to the public—check the Web site for details. The store's adjacent mini-museum displays signed sheet music and broadsides of lyrics as well star memorabilia such as Bob Dylan's hat and harmonica.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $157-$197 -- LA: Suite at 4-Star Hotel w/Rooftop Pool BookIt.com
- $53-$76 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, 70% Off BookIt.com
- $8.56 & up -- Car Rentals across California CarRentals.com
- $165 & up -- The Standard Downtown LA, Save 35% — $165 Expedia
- $189-$209 -- Weekends & Holidays at Beverly Hills Hotel — $189-$209 Residence Inn Beverly Hills
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
We (husband and 6 yr old son) will be flying to Seattle on July 4th, staying the weekend. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more