- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Links at Spanish Bay. This course, which hugs a choice stretch of shoreline, is designed in the rugged manner of a traditional Scottish course, with sand dunes and coastal marshes interspersed among the greens. The greens fee is $260, plus $35 per person for cart rental (cart is included for resort guests); nonguests can reserve tee times up to two months in advance. 17-Mile Dr., north end, Pebble Beach, CA, 93953. 800/654-9300.
Pebble Beach Golf Links. Pebble Beach Golf Links attracts golfers from around the world, despite a greens fee of $495, plus $35 per person for an optional cart (complimentary cart for guests of the Pebble Beach and Spanish Bay resorts). The ocean plays a major role in the 18th hole of the famed links. Each February the course is the main site of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, where show-business celebrities and golf pros team up for one of the nation's most glamorous tournaments. Tee times are available to guests who book a minimum two-night stay. Nonguests can reserve a tee time only one day in advance on a space-available basis (up to a year for groups); resort guests can reserve up to 18 months in advance. 17-Mile Dr., near Lodge at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach, CA, 93953. 800/654-9300.
Peter Hay. A 9-hole, par-3 course, Peter Hay charges $30 per person, no reservations necessary. 17-Mile Dr., Pebble Beach, CA, 93953. 831/622-8723.
Spyglass Hill. Spyglass Hill is among the most challenging Pebble Beach courses. With the first five holes bordering on the Pacific and the other 13 reaching deep into the Del Monte Forest, the views offer some consolation. The greens fee is $360, and an optional cart costs $35 (the cart is complimentary for resort guests). Reservations are essential and may be made up to one month in advance (18 months for guests). Stevenson Dr. and Spyglass Hill Rd., Pebble Beach, CA, 93953. 800/654-9300.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $89.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Monterey Hotwire
- Monterey Oceanside Inn on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $108+/Nt Expedia
- $12.95 & up : Compact rentals in Monterey Hotwire
- 3.5-Star Casa Munras & Spa Fr $159+/Nt — $159 Save with Hotels.com, $30/night less
- $14.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Monterey — $15 Hotwire