- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
These days Yountville is something like Disneyland for food-lovers. It all started with Thomas Keller's French Laundry, simply one of the best restaurants in the United States. Now Keller is also behind two more-casual restaurants a few blocks from his mother ship—and that's only the tip of the iceberg. You could stay here for a week and not exhaust all the options in this tiny town with a big culinary reputation.
Yountville is full of small inns and high-end hotels that cater to those who prefer to walk (not drive) after an extravagant meal. It's also well located for excursions to many big-name Napa wineries, especially those in the Stags Leap District, where big, bold cabernet sauvignons helped put the Napa Valley on the wine-making map.
Yountville at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country in May: $144 & Up Expedia
- Look no Further! Santa Rosa Hotels Fr $80+/Nt Travelocity
- $31.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Rosa Hotwire
- Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country in May: $153 & Up — $153 Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- $28.95 & up : Economy rentals in Santa Rosa — $29 Hotwire