Palm Springs and the Desert Resorts Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Fun in the sun: The Palm Springs area has 350 days of sun each year, and the weather's usually perfect for playing one of the area's more than 100 golf courses.
Spa under the stars: Many resorts and small hotels now offer after-dark spa services, including outdoor soaks and treatments you can savor while sipping wine under the clear, starry sky.
Personal pampering: The resorts here have it all: beautifully appointed rooms packed with amenities, professional staffs, sublime spas, and delicious dining options.
Divine desert scenery: You'll probably spend a lot of your time here taking in the gorgeous 360-degree natural panorama, a flat desert floor surrounded by 10,000-foot mountains rising into a brilliant blue sky.
The Hollywood connection: The Palm Springs area has more celebrity ties than any other resort community. So keep your eyes open for your favorite star.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- SoCal: 4-Star Palm Springs Golf Resort, 45% Off Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
- $99-$103 -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa