- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Many hotels and resorts have bicycles available for guest use.
Big Wheel Tours. Rent cruisers, performance road bikes, and mountain bikes from this agency that also offers road tours to La Quinta Loop, Joshua Tree National Park, and the San Andreas fault. Off-road tours are available, too. The company has no retail outlet but will pick up and deliver bikes to your hotel and supply you with area maps. Palm Springs, CA, 92261. 760/779-1837. www.bwbtours.com.
Palm Springs Recreation Division. This organization can provide you with maps of city bike trails. Printable versions of several routes are available on the website. 401 S. Pavilion Way, Palm Springs, CA, 92262. 760/323-8272. www.palmspringsca.gov/index.aspx?page=752. Weekdays 7:30-6.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$103 -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa