- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Plaza Theatre Review
The Spanish-style Plaza Theatre opened in 1936 with a glittering premiere of the MGM film Camille. In the '40s and '50s, it presented some of Hollywood's biggest stars, including Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. Now home of the Fabulous Palm Springs Follies, it is favored by fans of old-time radio even in the off-season.
Fabulous Palm Springs Follies. For years the hottest ticket in the desert, the Follies sells out 10 weekly performances from November through May. The vaudeville-style revue, about half of which focuses on mid-century nostalgia, stars extravagantly costumed, retired (but very fit) showgirls, comedians, singers, and dancers. Plaza Theatre, 128 S. Palm Canyon Dr., at La Plaza, 92262. 760/327-0225. www.palmspringsfollies.com. $50-$93.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- SoCal: 4-Star Palm Springs Golf Resort, 45% Off Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
- $99-$103 -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more