- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A favorite of locals and critics, this art-laden café in a strip mall serves modern twists on classics such as the crab Napoleon and smoked-trout appetizers, potato risotto, chicken caprese, and eggplant parmesan. The voluptuous cioppino in a thick marinara sauce teems with shellfish. There's a community table with about eight chairs; sit here if you're dining alone or want to meet some locals. The owner, Bonnie Barley, is as friendly as they come.
- Address: 35-943 Date Palm Dr., at Gerald Ford Dr., Cathedral City, CA, 92234
- Phone: 760/328-5353
- Location: Cathedral City
- Reservations essential.
- no lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- SoCal: 4-Star Palm Springs Golf Resort, 45% Off Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
- $99-$103 -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more