- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Smoke Tree Ranch
At a Glance
- priceless privacy
- simple luxury
- many recreation choices include horseback riding, lawn bowling, hiking, and jogging
- no glitz or glamour
- limited entertainment options
- family atmosphere not for everyone
Smoke Tree Ranch Review
A world apart from Palm Springs' pulsating urban village, the area's most exclusive resort occupies 400 pristine desert acres, surrounded by mountains and unspoiled vistas. A laid-back genteel retreat since the mid-1930s for some of the world's foremost families, including Walt Disney's, it still provides a quietly luxurious experience reminiscent of the Old West. A collection of simple mid-century cottages is spread among manicured desert gardens and shaded by smoke trees. Most have fireplaces and private patios. A large rambling ranch house right out of a western movie, with gleaming paneled walls and picture windows framing desert scenery, holds a dining room where three meals are served daily.
- Address: 1850 Smoke Tree La., Palm Springs, CA, 92264 | Map It
- Phone: 760/327-1221; 800/787-3922
- Website: www.smoketreeranch.com
- Location: Palm Springs
- 49 cottages, includes 18 suites.
- Rate includes some meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Apr.--late Oct.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$103 -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
Following a conference in Corte Madera the end of June, DH and I will be spending the first 8 days of July in northern CA/Redwood area and at Lassen Volcano. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more