Hang Gliding and Paragliding in San Francisco
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hang Gliding and Paragliding
Airtime of San Francisco. Paragliding is like hang gliding, but uses a parachute-like nylon glider instead of a fixed wing. Airtime of San Francisco offers paragliding instruction ($450 for one person for two days; $600 for two people for two days) and tandem scenic flights ($200 per person; discounts for two or more people) just south of San Francisco in Pacifica, where you can fly over the coastal cliffs and take in spectacular views. San Francisco, CA. 650/685-6503. www.sftandem.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $211 & up -- 4.5 Star The Fairmont San Francisco, Save 35% Expedia
- $199 -- San Francisco Hotel near Fisherman's Wharf Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
- $159 & up -- Historic San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% Off — $159 Westin St. Francis
- $118 -- SF: 4-Star Hotel in Fisherman's Wharf — $118 Hotwire.com