- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Woodhouse Fish Co.
Woodhouse Fish Co. Review
New Englanders hungry for a lobster roll fix need look no further than this superfriendly spot, where the utterly authentic lobster rolls, properly served on a buttered, top-loaded bun and accompanied with slaw and fries, come in two sizes (three ounces or six)—but then there's the Dungeness crab roll, too. You'll also find fried Ipswich clams, crab cakes, fish-and-chips, clam chowder, and plenty more to keep East Coast seafood partisans smiling. When Dungeness crab season starts in winter, come in for their fresh supply, excellent in a Louie salad or just served cracked. The restaurant's V-shape storefront, which stands on a busy Market Street corner, is all worn wood and paint and comfortably funky. On Tuesday afternoons, from 4 till 10 pm, West Coast oysters are just a buck apiece. It seems like everyone in the neighborhood turns out for this delicious bargain, so be prepared to wait for a table. There is a second branch in Lower Pacific Heights.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $211 & up -- 4.5 Star The Fairmont San Francisco, Save 35% Expedia
- $199 -- San Francisco Hotel near Fisherman's Wharf Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
- $159 & up -- Historic San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% Off — $159 Westin St. Francis
- $118 -- SF: 4-Star Hotel in Fisherman's Wharf — $118 Hotwire.com
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table... Read more
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've... Read more
You could go to San Francisco ten times and still not see it all, so we're here to help curate your nex... Read more