Sledding and Snowshoeing in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sledding and Snowshoeing
The Wolverton area, on Route 198 near Giant Forest, is a popular sledding spot, where sleds, inner tubes, and platters are allowed. You can buy sleds and saucers, starting at $8, at the Wuksachi Lodge (559/565-4070), 2 mi north of Lodgepole.
You can rent snowshoes for $15-$20 at the Wuksachi Lodge (559/565-4070), 2 mi north of Lodgepole. Naturalists lead snowshoe walks around Giant Forest and Wuksachi Lodge, conditions permitting, on Saturdays and holidays. Snowshoes are provided for a $1 donation. Make reservations and check schedules at Giant Forest Museum (559/565-4480) or Wuksachi Lodge.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $81.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Visalia Hotwire
- 3-Star Holiday Inn Visalia & Conf Center Fr $113+/Nt Hotels.com
- Book the Super 8 Visalia 3 Nts in May Fr $67+/Nt — $67 Expedia
- Super Low Visalia Rate: Book Fr $111+/Nt — $111 Save with Hotels.com, $13/night less
- Book the Comfort Inn & Suites 3 Nts in May Fr $99+/Nt — $99 Expedia