Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
Gentle giants: You'll feel small—in a good way—walking among some of the world's largest living things in Sequoia's Giant Forest and Kings Canyon's Grant Grove.
Because it's there: You can't even glimpse it from the main part of Sequoia, but the sight of majestic Mount Whitney is worth the trek to the eastern face of the High Sierra.
Underground exploration: Far older even than the giant sequoias, the gleaming limestone formations in Crystal Cave will draw you along dark, marble passages.
A grander-than-Grand Canyon: Drive the twisting Kings Canyon Scenic Byway down into the jagged, granite Kings River Canyon, deeper in parts than the Grand Canyon.
Regal solitude: To spend a day or two hiking in a subalpine world of your own, pick one of the 11 trailheads at Mineral King.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Visalia Hotwire
- 3-Star Holiday Inn Visalia & Conf Center Fr $113+/Nt Hotels.com
- $78.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Visalia — $78 Hotwire
- Save in Visalia: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $106+/Nt — $106 Expedia
- Starting Fr $129: Great Visalia Price — $129 Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less