The Bay Area Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Things to Do in the Bay Area
Walk among giants: Walking into Muir Woods, a mere 12 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge, is like entering a cathedral built by God.
Sip some coffee: Lytton Square in downtown Mill Valley is a tranquil place to soak up some sun, caffeine, and a real local "hanging out" kind of vibe.
Bite into the "Gourmet Ghetto": Eat your way through this area of Berkeley, starting with a slice of pizza from the Cheese Board.
Sit on a dock by the bay: Admire the beauty of the Bay Area from the rocky, picturesque shores of Sausalito.
Find solitude at Point Reyes National Seashore: Head here to hike beautifully rugged—and deserted—beaches.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $199 -- San Francisco Hotel near Fisherman's Wharf Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
- $159 & up -- Historic San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% Off Westin St. Francis
- $118 -- SF: 4-Star Hotel in Fisherman's Wharf — $118 Hotwire.com