- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The seven Claremont colleges are among the most prestigious in the nation. The campuses are all laid out cheek-by-jowl; as you wander from one leafy street to the next, you won't be able to tell where one college ends and the next begins.
Claremont was originally the home of the Sunkist citrus growers cooperative movement. Today, Claremont Village, home to descendants of those early farmers, is bright and lively. The business district village, with streets named for prestigious eastern colleges, is walkable and appealing with a collection of boutiques, fancy food emporiums, cafés, and lounges. The downtown district is a beautiful place to visit, with Victorian, Craftsman, and Spanish-colonial buildings.
Claremont at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Inland Empire
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $220-$229 -- Santa Monica Hotel near Beach w/Breakfast Bookit.com
- $189-$209 -- Weekends & Holidays at Beverly Hills Hotel Residence Inn Beverly Hills
- $8.56 & up -- Car Rentals across California CarRentals.com
- $124 -- Los Angeles: 4-Star Hollywood Hotel — $124 Hotwire.com
- $103 -- 4-Star Los Angeles Downtown Hotel — $103 Hotwire.com