The North Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Scenic coastal drives: There's hardly a road here that isn't scenic.
Wild beaches: This stretch of California is one of nature's masterpieces. Revel in the unbridled, rugged coastline, without a building in sight.
Dinnertime: When you're done hiking the beach, refuel with delectable food; you'll find everything from burritos to bouillabaisse.
Romance: Here you can end almost every day with a perfect sunset.
Wildlife: Sea lions and otters and deer, oh my!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $294 -- LA Oceanfront Hotel near Santa Monica Pier, 40% Off BookIt.com
- $154 & up -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Resort, 40% Off BookIt.com
- $8.87 & up -- Car Rentals across California CarRentals.com
- $81 -- Blue Man Group’s New Vegas Show, Reg. $116 Blue Man Group
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 — $110 Expedia