- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Like Los Angeles, Orange County stretches over a large area, lacks a singular focal point, and has limited public transportation. Every community in the region has a distinct personality, from Vietnamese-influenced Westminster to Huntington Beach, where blond surfer dudes and babes still rule.
You'll need a car and a sensible game plan to make the most of your visit. There are many options for lodging throughout the county, but if you can afford it, staying at the beach is always recommended.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $294 -- LA Oceanfront Hotel near Santa Monica Pier, 40% Off BookIt.com
- $189-$209 -- Weekends & Holidays at Beverly Hills Hotel Residence Inn Beverly Hills
- $113 -- Los Angeles: 4-Star Hollywood Hotel — $113 Hotwire.com
- $106 -- 4-Star Los Angeles Downtown Hotel — $106 Hotwire.com