Bodie State Historic Park
The historic town of Bridgeport is the gateway to Bodie State Historic Park, and the only supply center for miles around. The scenery is spectacular, with craggy, snowcapped peaks looming over vast prairies. Tiny and for tourist purposes worth nothing more than a place to sleep and eat, Bridgeport's claim to fame is that most of the 1947 film-noir classic Out of the Past was filmed here. In winter, much of Bridgeport shuts down.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $35.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Fresno Hotwire
- May deal: La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest Fr $124+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Unbelievable Price! 2 Nts Piccadilly Inn Shaw + Air Fr $645 Travelocity
- $13.95 & up : Compact rentals in Fresno Hotwire
- Look no Further! Fresno Hotels Fr $80+/Nt — $80 Travelocity