Yosemite National Park Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Photographer's Guide to Yosemite, by Michael Frye, is an insider's guide to the park, with maps for shutterbugs looking to capture perfect images.
John Muir penned his observations of the park he long advocated for in The Yosemite.
Yosemite and the High Sierra, edited by Andrea G. Stillman and John Szarkowski, features beautiful reproductions of landmark photographs by Ansel Adams, accompanied by excerpts from the photographer's journals written when Adams traveled in Yosemite National Park in the early 20th century.
An insightful collection of essays accompany the museum-quality artworks in Yosemite: Art of an American Icon, by Amy Scott.
Perfect for beginning wildlife watchers, Sierra Nevada Wildflowers, by Karen Wiese, indentifies more than 230 kinds of flora growing in the Sierra Nevada region.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: San Joaquin Suite Fr $85+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno South Fr $114+/Nt Expedia
- Days Inn Fresno Central Biggest Sale! 1 Nts + Air Fr $358 Travelocity
- $12.95 & up : Economy rentals in Fresno Hotwire
- Book in Fresno: Save this May Fr $92+/Nt — $92 Expedia