South Rim Visitor Center
South Rim Visitor Center Review
The park's only visitor center offers interactive exhibits and introductory films detailing the park's geology and wildlife.
- Address: 1½ mi from the entrance station on South Rim Rd., Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, CO, 81230 | Map It
- Phone: 970/249-1914 Ext. 423
- Hours: Late May--early Sept., daily 8--6; early Sept.--late May, daily 8:30--4
- Location: Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Comfort Inn Fr $123+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Gunnison Fr $158+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $66/night less
- $33.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Gunnison Hotwire
- $101.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Gunnison — $101 Hotwire
- $31.95 & up : Compact rentals in Gunnison — $32 Hotwire
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Just in time for the holiday weekend, Trail Ridge Road opens up today!
http://rockymountainhikingtrails.blogspot.com/2013/05/trail-ridge-road-will-open-today-for.html Read more
· News & Features
Swimming in the surf, strolling through small towns, sun-drenched weekend trips...summer is unofficially... Read more
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more