Boulder and North Central Colorado Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Boulder and North Central Colorado
The local breweries: A vacation could be filled with sampling myriad ales, stouts, and lagers. In late June the state's small brewers congregrate in Fort Collins for the Colorado Brewers' Festival.
Hiking near Boulder and in the Indian Peaks Wilderness: On weekends year-round you'll find the trails packed. The views are spectacular, especially in midsummer when the wildflowers bloom.
Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse: This traditional Central Asian teahouse was carved and painted by master artisans and given to Boulder by the city of Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
Chautauqua Park: You can still attend a lecture, a silent film, or a classical concert here much like visitors did 100 years ago. Enjoy a picnic on the green or dine in the hall before the event.
The Arts: Theater buffs have enjoyed the Colorado Shakespeare Festival for 50 summers and the Grammy-Award winning Takács Quartet is beloved for its stunning performances.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Boulder Fr $84+/Nt Save with Expedia, $13/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Boulder Fr $196+/Nt — $196 Expedia
- Save in Boulder: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Expedia
- May deal: Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder Fr $222+/Nt — $222 Expedia