- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Indian Peaks Wilderness Area is not open to mountain biking, but there are moderate and difficult trails in the Arapaho National Forest (970/887-4100 www.fs.fed.us/r2/arnf). In addition, Grand County has several hundred miles of easy to expert-level bike trails, many of which are former railroad rights-of-way and logging roads.
Doe Creek Trail. The Doe Creek Trail, 3.2-mi one-way, is a good workout of uphill climbs (and descents) with plenty of forest scenery. From Granby, take U.S. 34 to County Rd. 6 (Arapaho Bay Rd.) and follow it for about 3 mi. The trailhead is on your right., Granby, CO.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Boulder: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $185+/Nt Expedia
- $92.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- Book 3-Star Courtyard by Marriott Boulder Fr $190+/Nt — $190 Expedia
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder in May: $202 & Up — $202 Expedia
- May deal: BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn Fr $196+/Nt — $196 Expedia