- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eldorado Canyon State Park
Eldorado Canyon State Park Review
Eldorado Canyon State Park, with its steep walls and pine forests, offers outdoor activities for thrill-seekers and observers. Kayakers get adrenaline rushes on the rapids of South Boulder Creek, while rock climbers scale the canyon's granite walls. Picnickers can choose from 42 spots, and anglers' catches average 8 inches. Bird-watchers and artists find plenty of inspiration, and hikers have 12 mi of trails to wander. The Streamside Trail is a mostly level, 1-mi round-trip that parallels South Boulder Creek 0.5 mi to West Ridge; 300 feet of the trail is wheelchair accessible. Half of 1.5-mi round-trip Fowler Trail is wheelchair accessible. The trail has interpretive signs about the wildlife. For the best views of the canyon and the Front Range plains, head up Rattlesnake Gulch Trail. The round-trip 3-mi switchback trail ends at an overlook 800 feet higher in elevation than the trailhead, where you can see the high Rockies of the Continental Divide. Snowshoeing is popular here in winter. Mountain bikers crank on Rattlesnake Gulch Trail and Fowler Trail. Eldorado Canyon Trail is open to horseback riding.
- Address: 9 Kneale Rd., Drive south on Broadway (Hwy. 93) 3 mi to Eldorado Canyon Dr. (Rte. 170); paved road ends at the village of Eldorado Springs. Drive through town to park entrance, CO, 80025 | Map It
- Phone: 303/494-3943
- Cost: $8 per vehicle
- Website: www.parks.state.co.us/Parks/eldoradocanyon
- Location: Boulder
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Boulder: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $185+/Nt Expedia
- $92.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- Book 3-Star Courtyard by Marriott Boulder Fr $190+/Nt — $190 Expedia
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder in May: $202 & Up — $202 Expedia
- May deal: BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn Fr $196+/Nt — $196 Expedia
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more