- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- helpful staff
- downtown location
- low rates for a classy, historic lodging
- on a rather noisy street, particularly on weekend nights
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Armstrong Hotel Review
Walk into this downtown hotel's art deco lobby, with an original terrazzo floor and pressed-tin ceiling, and go back in time to the 1920s, when the hotel was built. Take the sweeping staircase to a vintage room with hardwood floors and antique or reproduction furnishings and a claw-foot tub. Even the modern rooms have a retro look and feel at the Armstrong, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. The beds are made up with cotton sheets and feather duvets and pillows, and each room has a writing desk and coffeemaker. For a longer stay, there are two studio rooms and two apartment suites, all with full kitchens. Note that this is a no-smoking hotel.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Boulder Mountain Lodge Fr $104+/Nt Expedia
- $92.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- Boulder Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Days Inn Boulder Fr $94+/Nt — $94 Expedia
- Book 3-Star Residence Inn Boulder Fr $235+/Nt — $235 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Boulder this May Fr $222+/Nt — $222 Expedia
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more