- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Peaceful Valley Campground
At a Glance
- close to Rocky Mountain National Park hiking
- small campground fills up fast, rather remote location
Check Rates from our Partners
Peaceful Valley Campground Review
On the banks of the Middle St. Vrain Creek in a forested valley at 8,650 feet, this campground is small and welcomes RVs, trailers, tents, and campers at all sites. Maximum vehicle length is 55 feet. Tents must be staked on the 14- by 16-foot pads that are provided. There are no hookups or showers. A few trails lead from the campground into the Indian Peaks Wilderness. Just 1 mi away, Camp Dick Campground has 41 more sites and similarly limited amenities.
- Address: 12 mi west of Lyons on Rte. 7, then 4 mi south on Rte. 72 (to mile marker 50). Take a left onto Peaceful Valley Rd. (near mile marker 50), then a quick right onto County Rd. 92. The campground is on your right., Allenspark, CO, 80540 | Map It
- Phone: 303/541-2500
- Hours: Mid-May--mid-Oct.
- Website: www.fs.fed.us/r2/arnf/recreation/camping-picnicking/developed/brd/peaceful-valley.shtml
- Location: Lyons
- 17 sites.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Boulder Fr $84+/Nt Save with Expedia, $13/night less
- Book 3-Star Millennium Harvest House in Boulder Fr $170+/Nt — $170 Save with Expedia, $37/night less
- May deal: Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder Fr $222+/Nt — $222 Expedia
- Book the Courtyard by Marriott Boulder 3 Nts in May Fr $190+/Nt — $190 Expedia
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
I am planning a road trip from Sacramento to Denver end of June. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more