- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Denver
Denver Art Museum: Visitors are treated to Asian, pre-Columbian, and Spanish Colonial works along with a world-famous collection of Native American pieces.
Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre: Even if you aren't attending a concert, the awe-inspiring red rocks of this formation-turned-venue are worth a look and there are hiking trails nearby.
Denver Botanic Gardens: Creatively arranged displays of more than 15,000 plant species from around the world draw garden enthusiasts year-round.
Larimer Square: Specialty stores, superior people-watching, and some of the city's top restaurants and nightlife bring tourists and locals alike to the city's oldest street.
LoDo: Lower downtown's appeal lies in its proximity to Coors Field and the convenient and free 16th Street Mall shuttle. Shops and galleries are busy during the day, and it's also a hot spot at night.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135-$254 -- 4-Star Hotel Monaco Denver, Save 67% Expedia
- $49 -- 3-Star Denver Tech Center Hotel Hotwire.com
- $8.70 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com