Rio Grande Scenic Railroad
Rio Grande Scenic Railroad Review
This railroad carries passengers on excursions between Alamosa and La Veta or Monte Vista; also offered is a side trip from La Veta, via motorcoach, to the Great Sand Dunes. Or you can catch a Rio Grande train to Antonito, where you'll connect with the Combres & Toltec train on its way to Osier or Chama. The Rio Grande also offers a round-trip "North Pole Express" train from Alamosa to La Veta several times in late November and December.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $92.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Alamosa Hotwire
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa in May: $182 & Up Expedia
- Alamosa Savings! Book at Comfort Inn Alamosa Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Expedia
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
We would like to have comments on our itinerary please:
We have been to Santa Fe and Taos, but are traveling with a 24 yo daughter who has not. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more