Conejos Canyon River Ranch
At a Glance
- gorgeous riverfront setting
- access to national forest
- plenty of activities for adults and kids
- on-site gift shop
- no amenities nearby
- more than an hour from the Great Sand Dunes
Conejos Canyon River Ranch Review
Located within the Rio Grande National Forest on the Conejos River, this peaceful, family-friendly retreat is about 42 mi southwest of Alamosa. One of the draws is the great fishing in the area: The ranch has its own privately stocked section of river (and separate kids' fishing pond), plus access to many more streams and tributaries. Staff can set you up with fishing guides and lessons. The main lodge dates to 1894, and the cabins and guest rooms are outfitted with ranch-style decor, including lodgepole pine furnishings. There's an outdoor barbecue and campfire area, stocked with firewood. Breakfast is complimentary for lodge guests.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Alamosa Savings! Book at Comfort Inn Alamosa Fr $149+/Nt Expedia
- $103.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Alamosa Hotwire
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa in May: $182 & Up — $182 Expedia
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more