Mesa Verde National Park Feature
Mesa Verde National Park: The First 100 Years, by Rose Houk, Faith Marcovecchio, and Duane A. Smith, captures the park as it celebrated its centennial.
Fire on the Mesa, by Tracey Chavis, discusses the wildfires that have been scarring Mesa Verde.
Mesa Verde: Ancient Architecture, by Jesse Walter Fewkes, tells the stories behind the park's dwellings.
Mesa Verde Museum Association. The Mesa Verde Museum Association sells books and other educational and interpretive materials at its stores in the park—at the Chapin Mesa Archaeological Museum, Far View Visitor Center, Wetherill Mesa kiosk, and Morefield Ranger Station—and at the Colorado Welcome Center in Cortez. 800/305-6053 or 970/529-4445. www.mesaverde.org.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Cortez this May Fr $117+/Nt Expedia
- Cortez Savings! Book at Mesa Verde Inn Cortez Fr $79+/Nt Expedia
- $59.49 & up : Full Size rentals in Cortez Hotwire
- Days Inn Cortez in May: $71 & Up — $71 Expedia
- $38.99 & up : Compact rentals in Cortez — $39 Hotwire