Rockies Near Denver Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to The Rockies Near Denver
Explore the Rockies: This section of mountains butts up against the Denver metro area, so it's easy to explore interesting towns and enjoy the mountain lifestyle.
Tour the MillerCoors Brewery: An entertaining (and free) tour ends in a sudsy stop at the end for an informal tasting. You'll see the steeping, roasting, and milling of the barley, then tour the Brew House where the "malt mash" is cooked in massive copper kettles.
Ride the Georgetown Loop Railroad: Peering out the window at the raw, steep mountainside and the rickety trestle bridge on the vintage train ride from Georgetown to Silverplume provides an eye-opening lesson in 1800s transportation.
Hit the slopes at Winter Park Resort: There's a blocked-off area for beginners, an outstanding children's program, and chutes and inbounds off piste-style terrain for experts.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $135-$254 -- 4-Star Hotel Monaco Denver, Save 67% Expedia
- $48 -- 3-Star Denver Tech Center Hotel Hotwire.com
- $6.19 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com