- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Longs Peak Campground
At a Glance
- good camp site for Longs Peak hikers
- tents only
- drinking water isn't available off-season
Longs Peak Campground Review
Hikers going up Longs Peak often stay at this year-round campground. Sites, which are first-come, first-served (reservations not accepted), are tents-only and limited to eight people; ice and firewood are sold.
- Address: 11 mi south of Beaver Meadows Visitor Center on Rte. 7, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, 80517
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Rocky Mountain National Park
- Reservations not accepted.
- 26 tent sites.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $135-$254 -- 4-Star Hotel Monaco Denver, Save 67% Expedia
- $49 -- 3-Star Denver Tech Center Hotel Hotwire.com
- $8.70 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
We are taking a family trip in June with our boys ages 10 and 12. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. ... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more