- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
New Santa Fe Regional Trail. The New Santa Fe Regional Trail goes from Palmer Lake along an abandoned railroad right-of-way, through the US Air Force Academy—where you must stay on the six-foot-wide trail—and links up with the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail in Colorado Springs. The trail is also popular with equestrians and bikers, as well as cross-country skiers and snowshoers. Palmer Lake, CO. 719/520-6375.
Palmer Lake Reservoirs Trail. One of the most popular hiking trails between Denver and Colorado Springs, the Palmer Lake Reservoirs Trail begins near Glen Park. After a fairly steep incline, the 3-mi trail levels out and follows the shoreline of Upper and Lower Palmer Lake reservoirs between forested mountains. Bikes and leashed dogs are permitted. Trailhead starts at bottom of Old Palmer Rd., Palmer Lake, CO, 80133. 719/481-3282.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $8.70 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com