- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Greenway and Nature Center. You can bicycle, hike, and canoe along the 35 mi in the river trail system that follows the Arkansas River. For more information, call the Greenway and Nature Center. A small interpretive center describes the flora and fauna unique to the area, and the Raptor Rehabilitation Center, part of the nature center, cares for injured birds of prey. 5200 Nature Center Rd., off 11th St., Pueblo, CO, 81008. 719/549-2414. www.gncp.org.
San Isabel National Forest. You can hike in relative solitude on many trails threading the San Isabel National Forest, 20 mi southwest of Pueblo. The Forest Service station in Pueblo is open 7:30 am-4:30 pm weekdays. Check in with them for backpacking and Christmas tree-cutting permits. 2840 Kachina Dr., Pueblo, CO, 81008. 719/545-8737. www.fs.fed.us/r2/psicc.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6.19 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com