- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Colorado Springs Airport (COS) is the major airport in the region, with a dozen nonstop destinations. Most south-central residents south of Colorado Springs drive to this city to fly out.
Alternatively, you can choose to fly to Denver International Airport (DEN), which has a lot more nonstop flights from other major cities to Colorado. It's a 70-mi drive from Denver to the Springs, but during rush hour it might take a solid two hours, whether you're in your own car or in one of the Denver-Colorado Springs shuttles. If you take the E-470 toll road for part of the drive, the ride will be faster.
Colorado Springs Airport (COS) (719/550-1972. www.flycos.com.)
Denver International Airport (DEN) (303/342-2000. www.flydenver.com.)
Pueblo Memorial Airport (PUB) (719/553-2760. www.pueblo.us/airport.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $8.70 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com