Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Arizona & the Grand Canyon 2013
Varied terrain attracts bold outdoors enthusiasts, and genteel towns are tucked among the craggy cliffs for those seeking quieter pursuits. Whatever your choice, the northwest region's more remote location and mountain-dominated landscape give it a largely undiscovered feel, and many of the activities lack the crowds and frenzy attached to those in more heavily populated areas.
The region is growing, and that means more lodging choices. In Grand Junction Horizon Drive has the largest concentration of hotels and motels, conveniently...read more
Once restricted to chicken-fried steak and burgers, the region's dining scene has expanded far past the Old West. The usual chain restaurants ring Grand...read more
Things To Do in Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Save in Steamboat Springs: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $161+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Steamboat Springs Fr $306+/Nt Save with Expedia, $140/night less
- $65.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Steamboat Springs Hotwire
- The Inn at Steamboat in May: $158 & Up — $158 Expedia
- $57.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Steamboat Springs — $58 Hotwire
Colorado National Monument: Gaze out over Grand Junction toward the Bookcliffs along the 23-mi Rim Rock Drive or hike one of the many trails through... Read more
Mike the Headless Chicken was a freak bound for fame. It all started with a run-in with a Fruita farmer who had bad aim, or so the tale goes... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now42° F Mostly Cloudy 67% Humidity May 22, 2013 at 2:35AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more