- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tread of Pioneers Museum
Tread of Pioneers Museum Review
The Tread of Pioneers Museum, in a restored Queen Anne-style house, is an excellent spot to bone up on local history. It includes ski memorabilia dating to the turn of the 20th century, when Carl Howelsen opened Howelsen Hill, still the country's preeminent ski-jumping facility.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $158 & Up: The Inn at Steamboat 3-Star Hotel in Steamboat Springs Expedia
- Visit Steamboat Springs for Less: Hotels Fr $159+/Nt Travelocity
- $40.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Steamboat Springs Hotwire
- Save in Steamboat Springs: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $282+/Nt — $282 Save with Expedia, $60/night less
- $36.95 & up : Economy rentals in Steamboat Springs — $37 Hotwire
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more