- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
mountain biking. Steamboat Springs' rolling mountains, endless aspen glades, mellow valleys, and miles and miles of jeep trails and single-track make for great mountain biking. In summer, when Front Range trails are baking in the harsh summer sun and cluttered with mountain bikers, horse riders, and hikers, you can pedal some of the cool backcountry trails in Steamboat without passing a single cyclist. Steamboat Springs, CO.
Gore Pass Loop. The 27½-mi Gore Pass Loop takes you through aspen and pine forests, with gradual hill climbs and long, sweet descents. Trailhead: Follow Hwy. 134 to Gore Pass Park, Hwy. 134 and Forest Rd. 185, Steamboat Springs, CO, 80483.
Orange Peel Bikes. Orange Peel Bikes offers a sweet line of demos that cost $15-$20 more than the regular rental rates, which start at $30. It's a good deal if you're in the market for a new bike. 1136 Yampa St., Steamboat Springs, CO, 80477. 970/879-2957. www.orangepeelbikes.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 3-Star The Rockies Condominiums Fr $178+/Nt Save with Expedia, $38/night less
- Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs in May: $167 & Up Expedia
- $16.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Grand Junction Hotwire
- Summer on Sale! Save 35% on This Stay: Waterford Townhomes in May — $260 Save with Expedia, $120/night less
- $10.95 & up : Compact rentals in Grand Junction — $11 Hotwire