- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Breckenridge Whitewater Rafting. This outfitter runs white-water rafting and fishing trips on stretches of the Colorado, Arkansas, Eagle, and Blue rivers in Summit County, and Clear Creek on the Front Range. They also offer zipline and horseback tours. 842 N. Summit Blvd., Frisco, CO, 80443. 800/370-0581 or 970/423-7031. www.breckenridgewhitewater.com.
Performance Tours. Performance Tours leads expeditions on the Arkansas, Blue, and the upper Colorado rivers for newcomers looking for some action and experienced rafters ready for extremes. The company is based in Buena Vista, but will pick up groups in Breckenridge for all-day trips. Breckenridge, CO. 800/328-7238. www.performancetours.com.
Whitewater Kayak Park. Whitewater Kayak Park is a playground for kayakers, with splash rocks, eddy pools, and S-curves. This public park on the Blue River behind the Breckenridge Recreation Department is free and open from April through August. 880 Airport Rd., Breckenridge, CO, 80424. 970/453-1734.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe