Summit County Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Summit County Hotel Reviews
Summit County is a great place for history buffs looking for redone Victorian mining mansions-cum-bed-and-breakfasts and budget hunters who want affordable rooms close to the slopes. The county probably has the highest density of condominium units in the state. The competition tends to keep prices lower than in other resort towns. Note that staff at hotels in the region are sometimes young and inexperienced, which may result in less-than-desirable service at some otherwise excellent properties. Also note that many accommodations do not have air-conditioning. Summer nights are often cool enough in the mountains that opening the windows will do the trick.
Despite the abundant amount of federal and state land that checkerboards the High Rockies, finding an established campsite is surprisingly difficult along the I-70 corridor. From Memorial Day to Labor Day campsites fill up quickly, especially on weekends and holidays. To improve your chances, call to reserve a campsite or arrive well before noon. Established car-camping sites generally have rest rooms, water pumps, trash cans, and fire pits. Open fires are only allowed when the danger of wildfires is low. Wilderness devotees who don't relish the idea of a neighborhood of tents can easily escape into the vast backcountry. As long as you're 200 feet away from a water source, you can pitch your tent anywhere.
Browse Summit County Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135-$254 -- 4-Star Hotel Monaco Denver, Save 67% Expedia
- $48 -- 3-Star Denver Tech Center Hotel Hotwire.com
- $6.19 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com