- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alpenglow Stube Review
The competition has heated up in recent years, but Alpenglow Stube remains among the finest mountaintop restaurants in Colorado. The exposed wood beams, a stone fireplace, and floral upholstery make it elegant and cozy. At night the gondola ride to get here alone is worth the cost of the meal. Dinner is a six- or four- course extravaganza, starting perhaps with the signature pinecone pâté, and followed by delights such as the white truffle honey-glazed elk chop. Lunch is equally delectable, with excellent pasta specials. Remove your ski boots and put on the plush slippers reserved for diners.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
We are taking a family trip in June with our boys ages 10 and 12. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more