Telluride and Southwest Colorado Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Arizona & the Grand Canyon 2013
The ruddy or red-hue rocks found in much of the state, particularly in the southwest, give Colorado its name. The region's terrain varies widely—from yawning black canyons and desolate monochrome moonscapes to pastel deserts and mesas, glistening sapphire lakes, and wide expanses of those stunning red rocks. It's so rugged in the southwest that a four-wheel-drive vehicle or hiker's sturdiness is necessary to explore much of the wild and beautiful backcountry.
No matter what you're looking for in vacation lodging—luxurious slope-side condominium, landmark inn in a historic town, riverside cabin, bed-and-breakfast...read more
With dining options ranging from creative contemporary cuisine in the posh ski resorts of Telluride and to a lesser extent Crested Butte and Durango to...read more
Things To Do in Telluride and Southwest Colorado
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Telluride Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $131+/Nt Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- Telluride Savings! Book at New Sheridan Fr $183+/Nt Expedia
- $31.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Telluride Hotwire
- $101.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Gunnison — $101 Hotwire
- $26.95 & up : Compact rentals in Telluride — $27 Hotwire
Hiking the Colorado Trail: Bike, hike, or photograph the more than 500 mi of volunteer-maintained trail traversing eight mountain ranges from... Read more
The town's independent spirit is shaped not only by its mining legacy, but by the social ferment of the 1960s and early '70s. Before the ski... Read more
Bluegrass may have evolved from country's "mountain music," with bands like Bill Monroe's Blue Grass Boys, but Colorado's Telluride Bluegrass... Read more
Crawling with prospectors and settlers in search of their fortunes, Colorado was undergoing great social and political change in the mid-1800s... Read more
You know Telluride for its white powder slopes in the winter and fun summer weekend festivals, but fall... Read more
If you haven't booked your Presidents' Day getaway yet, fear not, as there are still deals to be had.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now59° F Clear 19% Humidity May 25, 2013 at 11:55PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Just in time for the holiday weekend, Trail Ridge Road opens up today!
http://rockymountainhikingtrails.blogspot.com/2013/05/trail-ridge-road-will-open-today-for.html Read more