- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dalton Ranch Golf Club. About 6 mi north of Durango, Dalton Ranch is an 18-hole championship course with inspiring views of the Animas River Valley and surrounding San Juans. Carts cost $14 per person for 18 holes. The Swing, the clubhouse's full-service restaurant and bar, is a popular hangout for golfers and locals who like watching the resident elk herd take its afternoon stroll. The golf season is early April to late October, weather permitting. 589 County Rd. 252, off U.S. 550, Durango, CO, 81302. 970/247-8774. www.daltonranch.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. Yards: 6934/5539. Par: 72/72. Green fee: $59/$89.
Hillcrest Golf Course. Hillcrest is an 18-hole public course perched on a mesa near the campus of Fort Lewis College. Carts are $13 for 18 holes. The course is open from February to December, weather permitting. 2300 Rim Dr., Durango, CO, 81301. 970/247-1499. www.golfhillcrest.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. Yards: 6838/5252. Par: 71/71. Green fee: $36.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Gunnison Fr $119+/Nt Hotels.com
- May deal: Mesa Verde Inn Cortez Fr $79+/Nt Expedia
- $39.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Gunnison Hotwire
- $161.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Durango — $161 Hotwire
- $31.95 & up : Economy rentals in Gunnison — $32 Hotwire