- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Numerous high-alpine lakes and mountain streams make Lake City a fisherman's heaven. Lake San Cristobal is known around the region for its rainbow and brown trout. The Lake Fork of the Gunnison attracts anglers for rainbow and brook trout.
Dan's Fly Shop. Stop here to rent gear, book a guided trip, or arrange for a fishing license. 723 N. Gunnison Ave., Lake City, CO, 81235. 970/944-2281. www.dansflyshop.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $161.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Durango Hotwire
- 3-Star Durango Downtown Inn Fr $169+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- $17.95 & up : Economy rentals in Durango Hotwire
- Durango Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $115+/Nt — $115 Expedia
- $18.95 & up : Compact rentals in Durango — $19 Hotwire