- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- free guest parking
- large rooms
- free use of cruiser bikes in town
- can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Rochester Hotel Review
The recently renovated Rochester Hotel is funky yet chic, with marquee-lighted movie posters from Hollywood Westerns lining the airy hallways. Steamer trunks, hand-painted settees, wagon-wheel chandeliers, and fluffy quilts add charm to the rooms. Windows from Denver & Rio Grande Railroad carriages have converted the back porch into a dining car, and gas lamps add a warm glow to the courtyard. A sister property, Leland House, is across the street in a restored 1927 apartment building. All rooms here have kitchens. A hot breakfast is served at the Rochester. There are also tea and cookies in the afternoon.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Comfort Inn Fr $123+/Nt Expedia
- Super Low Gunnison Rate: Book Fr $116+/Nt Hotels.com
- $30.95 & up : Economy rentals in Gunnison Hotwire
- Gunnison Savings! Book at Quality Inn Gunnison Fr $130+/Nt — $130 Expedia
- $38.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Gunnison — $39 Hotwire
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Just in time for the holiday weekend, Trail Ridge Road opens up today!
http://rockymountainhikingtrails.blogspot.com/2013/05/trail-ridge-road-will-open-today-for.html Read more
· News & Features
You know Telluride for its white powder slopes in the winter and fun summer weekend festivals, but fall... Read more
If you haven't booked your Presidents' Day getaway yet, fear not, as there are still deals to be had.... Read more