- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
General Palmer Hotel
At a Glance
- nicely restored lodging
- rooms are quiet
- free off-street parking
- no restaurant or bar
- elevator is claustrophobic
- pricey in season
Check Rates from our Partners
General Palmer Hotel Review
Named after William Jackson Palmer, owner of the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad, the General Palmer Hotel is a faithfully restored historic property with a clean, bright look. Period furniture and Victorian touches reinforce the old-timey feel, and the library and Teddy Bear Room are quiet areas for relaxing. The beds are four-posters, brass, or pewter, and the rooms are charming without being cutesy. Cookies, coffee, and tea are always available in the lobby, and a Continental breakfast with homemade muffins is served daily.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book Now & Save! Telluride Fr $146+/Nt Travelocity
- $750 & Up: Lumiere 4.5-Star Hotel in Telluride Save with Expedia, $34/night less
- $49.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Telluride Hotwire
- 4-Star Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge Fr $475+/Nt — $475 Save with Hotels.com, $275/night less
- $43.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Telluride — $44 Hotwire
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
You know Telluride for its white powder slopes in the winter and fun summer weekend festivals, but fall... Read more
If you haven't booked your Presidents' Day getaway yet, fear not, as there are still deals to be had.... Read more