- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Brown Dog Pizza
Brown Dog Pizza Review
This local hangout serves a mean pizza—not too doughy, not too cheesy. The thin-crust pie is the big draw, and slices are served until midnight. Specialty toppings include artichoke hearts, broccoli, eggplant, pickles, jalepeño peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes. However, the most popular choices are also the meatiest. The barbecued chicken with bacon is a favorite, as is the Boone's Meaty, loaded with pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, bacon, and Canadian bacon. There's also a good selection of pastas, burgers, and subs. Brown Dog is one of the few places in town that will feed you for less than the cost a lift ticket.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $131.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Durango Hotwire
- Explore Durango For Less! Book Fr $64+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $8/night less
- $18.95 & up : Compact rentals in Durango Hotwire
- Durango Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $73+/Nt — $73 Expedia
- $20.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Durango — $21 Hotwire
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
You know Telluride for its white powder slopes in the winter and fun summer weekend festivals, but fall... Read more
If you haven't booked your Presidents' Day getaway yet, fear not, as there are still deals to be had.... Read more