- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Telluride Nordic Center. Operated by the Telluride Nordic Association, the center offers ski and snowshoe tours and cross-country ski lessons. It also rents ski equipment and ice skates for adults and children. 500 W. Colorado Ave., Telluride, CO, 81435. 970/728-1144. www.telluridetrails.org.
TopAten Snowshoe and Nordic Area. Located near the unloading area for Chair 10, TopAten has 10 mi of rolling trails groomed for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. There's a warming teepee, a picnic deck and restroom facilities here. To access TopAten, you'll need to buy a "foot passenger" lift ticket for $20. Telluride, CO. 970/728-7517.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Durango Fr $135+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $8/night less
- Durango Savings! Book at Residence Inn Durango Fr $249+/Nt Expedia
- $18.95 & up : Compact rentals in Durango Hotwire
- $88.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Montrose — $88 Hotwire
- $20.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Durango — $21 Hotwire