Vail Valley Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Vail Valley
The Slopes: Vail is as real and challenging a ski mountain as you'll find anywhere in the western United States, with the steeps and back bowls to prove it.
Romantic Meals: A number of intimate restaurants are hidden away among the peaks, reachable by ski, on horseback, and even by horse-drawn sleighs.
Rugged Scenery: The Gore Range presents some of the most sharp-spined backcountry in the state, with ice-cold tarns, sheer cliffs, and shaggy white mountain goats.
High Altitude Golf: The thin air at this elevation lets your Titleist fly much farther—enjoy those hero swings at more than a dozen venues.
Summer Festivals: Check out some of Vail's many cultural activities—summer is full of music, culinary, and dance festivals.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $107.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Vail Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Vail this May Fr $264+/Nt Expedia
- $12.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Vail Hotwire
- $78.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Vail — $78 Hotwire
- $14.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Vail — $15 Hotwire