Vail Valley Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Vail Valley Hotel Reviews
Vail and Beaver Creek are purpose-built resorts, so you won't find any quaint historic Victorians converted into bed-and-breakfasts here as you will in Breckenridge and Aspen. Instead, Vail lodgings come in three flavors—European chalets that blend with the Bavarian architecture, posh chain resorts up side canyons, and loads of small but serviceable condominiums perfect for families. Down-valley in Edwards and Minturn you'll find that accommodation prices drop, but so does the accessibility to the slopes.
Despite the abundant federal and state land that checkerboards the High Rockies, finding an established campsite is surprisingly difficult along the I-70 corridor. From Memorial Day to Labor Day campsites fill up quickly, especially on weekends and holidays. To improve your chances, call to reserve a campsite or arrive early in the day. Established car-camping sites generally have rest-rooms, water pumps, trash cans, and fire pits. Open fires are only allowed when the danger of wildfires is low. Wilderness devotees who don't relish the idea of a neighborhood of tents can escape into the vast backcountry. As long as you are 200 feet away from a water source, you can pitch your tent anywhere.
Colorado Campground and Lodge Owners Association (CO. 970/259-1899. www.campcolorado.com.)
Browse Vail Valley Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $107.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Vail Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Lionshead Inn Fr $131+/Nt Expedia
- $12.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Vail Hotwire
- Book Now & Save! Vail Fr $99+/Nt — $99 Travelocity
- $14.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Vail — $15 Hotwire