- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- easy access to ski lifts
- international ambience
- no spa
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Sitzmark Lodge Review
This cozy family-run lodge buzzes with a dozen languages, thanks to the international guests who return year after year. Rooms, which range from moderate to large, have balconies that look out onto Vail Mountain or Gore Creek. Some have gas-burning fireplaces to keep things comfortable. The decor is a blend of dark woods and cheerful fabrics, and rooms are furnished with plush "dream beds" full of pillows. The staff is extremely friendly, encouraging you to congregate in the sunny, split-level living room on winter afternoons for complimentary mulled wine and hot soup. Creekside rooms are coolest in the summer. The lodge is only 75 yards from the lifts, and a continental breakfast is included in winter.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $87.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Vail Hotwire
- Save in Vail: Book 3 Nts in May at Evergreen Lodge Fr $149+/Nt Expedia
- $9.95 & up : Economy rentals in Vail Hotwire
- $115.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Vail — $115 Hotwire
- $12.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Vail — $13 Hotwire
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering... Read more
Snow bunny or not, there are ample reasons to spend a weekend or two in Vail, not least of which are the... Read more
Sometimes, a girl just needs to get away for the weekend for a little relaxation and rejuvenation.... Read more