Top Reasons to Go to Connecticut
Country Driving: Follow the rolling, twisting roads of Litchfield County, such as U.S. 7, U.S. 44, and Route 63, through the charmed villages of Kent, Salisbury, and Litchfield.
Maritime History: The village of Mystic is packed with interesting nautical attractions related to Connecticut's rich seafaring history.
Urban Exploring: Anchored by Yale University, downtown New Haven now (finally) buzzes with hip restaurants, smart boutiques, and acclaimed theaters.
Literary Giants: In the same historic Hartford neighborhood, you can explore the homes—and legacies—of Mark Twain and Harriett Beecher Stowe.
Antique Hunting: You'll find numerous fine shops, galleries, and auction houses specializing in antiques all over the state. Two stand-out towns: Woodbury and Putnam.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $167* & up -- Flights to/from Tucson on American, R/T American Airlines
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, Reg. $470 BookIt.com
- $109 & up -- Anaheim Hotel across from Disney, 45% Off Bookit.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel